Friday, January 19, 2007

Ms. Jacks's Lists of Fabulous Books

Ladies and Sirs,

I present to you these fine lists, to guide you as you search for the perfect book to entertain yourself on a Sunday afternoon, endure an endless car trip, or just meet some interesting characters.

Click on the orange genre title, and you'll be taken to a list I created on Amazon, where you can read descriptions and reviews of each book (and even purchase it if you like). To return to this blog, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

I have tried to include books you might not already know about, so you'll see no Potters or Baudelaires--no offense to them.

The lists go by genre, so pick what you like (but don't be afraid to try something new...)

(And a note to parents: I have chosen these books either because I've read them and loved them, students have recommended them, or they've earned great reviews. I cannot guarantee that they are all appropriate for every child; I teach kids who are barely 11 and kids who are almost 14, and every family's definition of "appropriate" varies. So please be aware of what your child is reading, and help him or her to choose wisely. Thank you!)

If you know of a book that you'd like to see added to one of my lists, please click on the blue "comment" link under that list title, and let me know.

Thanks for reading!

Ms. Jacks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.